Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just doin' what he does.

Jack went to the doctor today and it went great! He weighs a healthy 14 lbs, 15 oz so he has over doubled his birth weight. He is almost 25 inches long and he is in the 90% percentile for his height and weight. He smiled for the doctor a lot, and also peed all over the exam table, which I'm sure is common for baby boys his age. He was an excellent patient!
At home, Jack is a perfect baby. He rarely cries...only when he has to burp…and he smiles at us all the time. He finally managed to figure out how to suck his thumb. He was really struggling with it for a while, and now when he does it, he looks so content. I am very proud of him! His caregivers (my sisters) are in love with him, and he is very well taken care of by people I trust. That really helps me go to work every day without crying my eyes out.
He is changing so fast. I remember when I had 11 weeks left of my pregnancy, it took forever! But the 11 weeks of his life have flown by…we really should post more often because he is changing so fast. We are sorry we missed the family reunion. It sounded like it was a great time….I was looking forward to meeting everyone and introducing the miniature Cody to everyone, but I know there will be plenty more oppurtunities.
Until next time…. Joanne, Jack, and Cody :)








4 comments:

Cody and Tiff said...

Thanks for posting. Jack is so adorable, I can't believe how much he has changed already! We really missed you all at the reunion and hope you will make it to mom's for Thanksgiving=-) Thanks again for the pictures, they're great!

Crystal Clayson said...

Oh my gosh, look at that smile and those chubby cheeks! What a sweetheart, we can't wait to meet him!

Kurt Clayson said...

He's so cute. :)
We need to get together again soon.

Thanks for posting.

KK ROCKS! said...

Awwww... He is so cute!!!!! Too bad we didn't get to see you guys at the reunion.I love his cute little face!!!! Tell him cousin kaitlin said hi for me!!!!!!